Bentley Cw Classic
Bentley Cw Classic
CW CLASSIC
CW CLASSIC

Photo Gallery ~ Tank restoration and conversions made to order by CW CLASSIC

Oil and Petrol tanks

the bsa motorcycle

BSA (Birmingham Small Arms trade Association) was founded in 1861 by fourteen gunsmiths.

 

They turned their attention to bicycles in 1880, and the first motorcycle hit the road in 1903.

Old Fibreglass BSA Competition Tank

 

 

The New Steel Copy of the fibreglass tank

 

 

Montgomery

Montgomery Petrol Tank The Montgomery Petrol Tank after the customer had it chromed

HISTORY OF MONTGOMERY

William Montgomery founded Montgomery Motorcycles in 1913. The business ran for 26 years untill closing in 1939.

Montgomery was first based in Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk and then moved to bigger premises in Coventry, Warwickshire just before the First World War. 

The first bike to be manufactured was a flat twin with a Morton and Weaver engine.

Montgomery specialized in developing bike frames and forks which he was able to supply to George Brough (maker of the Brough Superior) for use on his bikes in their early days and Coventry based Eagle.

He is given the credit for inventing the sidecar. With which he competed in the 1923 Isle of Mann TT Sidecar race. Won by Freddie W.Dixon and T.W.Denny. see www.iomtt.com/Classic-TT.aspx for Isle of Mann racing results.

After the war his son Jack Montgomery took over the business where he introduced other models of motorcycles. Azani in 1924, Greyhound in 1930 and De Luxe in 1934. 

The Montgomery name was bought in 2012 by Mark Williams and Blake Washington co-founder of the Montgomery Motorcycle Company, based in San Clemente,California. See www.montgomerymotorcycle.com

 

 

Triumph

Brough Superior

 Tank bought in for restoration and conversions

cw classic Brough Superior Before
cw classic Brough Superior After

History of Brough Superior

George Brough founder of the Brough Superior planned his first 'ideal' motorcycle while working dring the First World War in Coventry. He started Brough Superior in Haydn Road, Nottingham in 1919 until 1940. After the factory closed George Brough and then later Albert Wallis continued to service and make parts for the Brough Superiors until 1969. The first motorcycle was produced in November 1921. 19 different models, just over 3,000 bikes were made. Most were custom made and were personally certified by George Brough.

In 2008 Mark Uoham bought the name and one year later produced the first new Brough Superior motorbike SS101 in Pettenbach, Austria. Like George Brough the company make made to order bikes as well as motorcycles such as the 'Retro' which clinched a new AMA speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats.

 

 

BSA

Spitfire

cw classic Bultaco Tank Bultaco Tank

Bultaco

 Manufactured two-stroke engines in Spain between 1958-1983.

Their first bike was the Bultaco Tralla. 

Contact details

Opening times

Monday - Friday

8.00am - 5.00pm

CW CLASSIC

Unit 17

Imperial Industrial Park

Rawreth Lane  

Rayleigh

ESSEX

SS6 9RS

Call us

Tel: +(44) 01268 780159

         (Mon-Fri~8am-5pm)

 

Tel: +(44) 01621 788408

     (evening and weekends)

Email:

 cw.classic@yahoo.co.uk

  • Competitive Prices
  • Good turn around
  • Small batch work to long term
  • All fabrication of car and motorcycle tin wear and repair
cw classic Carriage Lamp Carriage Lamp

 

One off jobs welcome

cw classic Montgomery Montgomery
cw classic Spitfire Tank Spitfire Tank
cw classic Converted Brough Superior Converted Brough Superior
   

Call

E-mail

Directions